Green up your Finances for Earth Day
1. Enroll in electronic banking- 24/7 access makes in more convenient for you, and saves the trip of greenhouse gases from your car.
2. Enroll in paperless statements- receiving statements electronically means saving trees! Getting your statements paperless ensures they are all on file so no need to worry. At WFCU when you enroll in e-statements we will give you $5 into your account!
3. Making energy efficient changes to your home- Solar panels harnesses the natural energy from the sun to produce electricity. Solar power can run air conditioners, hot water heaters, and anything with natural gas. It is cheaper, safer, and more eco-friendly to not only the environment, but your pockets as well!
4. Get a reusable water bottle- rather than throwing away plastic water bottles get a reusable one and stick with it! Did you know that the average American used 167 plastic water bottles over the course of last year.This will save you money and help keep the planet a little greener.
5. Reject Receipts- Declining receipts from the ATM machine does not just keep your wallet from clutter, but saves paper as well!
6. Plant a tree- 15 billion trees are cut down each year and less than 4 billion are replanted. One tree per person can result in a 7 billion increase in trees.