Saint Anne's Hospital Medical Staff Awards Scholarships to Area Health Care Students
Fall River, MA - The Saint Anne’s Hospital Medical Staff has announced the recipients of this year’s scholarship program for health care students.
The awards are part of a longstanding annual program established by the hospital’s medical staff in recognition of area students’ outstanding academic achievements and a demonstrated commitment to health care professions.
Recipients of this year’s $3,000 awards are:
Saint Anne’s Hospital Family Awards:
- Katelyn Medeiros, of Dartmouth: Enrolled at Rhode Island College, with a major in medical imaging, Katelyn will study radiologic technology, specializing in CT imaging.
- Tara Cordeiro, of Westport: Enrolled at Bristol Community College, with a major in nursing, Tara’s professional goal is become a nurse practitioner.
- Camryn Loomis, of Seekonk: Enrolled at Plymouth (NH) State University, with a major in nursing, Camryn plans to graduate with B.S. in nursing and continue to earn her nurse practitioner degree.
- Hannah Caouette, of Rehoboth: Enrolled at UMass Dartmouth, with a major in nursing, Hannah plans to pursue pediatric ICU nursing.
- Lily Gifford, of Westport: Enrolled at Rivier University, Nashua, NH, with a major in nursing, Lily plans to specialize in surgical or emergency nursing.
- Melissa Sousa, of Fall River: Enrolled at Brockton Hospital School of Nursing, Melissa’s long-term goal is to earn a Master of Science in nursing.
In addition, Jason Arruda, enrolled at University of RI, Doctor of Pharmacy program, was awarded the 2022 Malcolm W. MacDonald, MD, Memorial Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is sponsored by the Saint Anne’s Hospital Massachusetts-Rhode Island Independent Physician Association.
For additional information about the annual scholarship program, call the Saint Anne’s Hospital Medical Staff Office, 508-674-5600, extension 2002.
About Saint Anne’s Hospital
Founded by the Dominican Sisters of the Presentation in 1906, Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, Massachusetts, is a full-service, acute care Catholic hospital with 211 beds and satellite locations in Dartmouth, Attleboro, Swansea, New Bedford, and Stoughton, Massachusetts. A member of Steward Health Care, Saint Anne’s provides nationally recognized patient- and family-centered inpatient care and outpatient clinical services to patients from surrounding Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities.
Saint Anne’s key services include the Center for Orthopedic Excellence; bariatric surgery; multiple robotic-assisted surgical capabilities, including orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, and general surgery; Saint Anne’s Hospital Regional Cancer Center; two ambulatory surgery centers; the Center for Pain Management; and inpatient geriatric psychiatry services. In addition to earning “Straight A’s” for patient safety since 2012, Saint Anne’s has earned national recognitions for cancer care, spine surgery, bariatric surgery, stroke care, and patient experience. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.