Westport Federal Credit Union Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month
It’s October which means Fall is here! October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Did you know that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their life? According to the National Breast Cancer Association: In 2019, 268,600 new cases of Breast Cancer will be diagnosed from women in the United States alone.
Here are some ways to prevent Breast Cancer and to keep your body healthy!
- Perform physical activity
- Having a healthy well rounded diet
- Don’t smoke
- Give yourself a breast exam once a month and look for changes in
- Breast tissue
- Breast size
- Any lumps
- Go see your doctor once a year for a breast exam
- Get to know your family tree and see if it runs in your family
October is the month to remind all of you to take care of your bodies to prevent this cancer. It is also to raise awareness and to remember those lost from the disease and those who were able to beat it. At Westport Federal Credit Union we care about your health. Join us as Westport Federal Credit Union will be wearing pink every Friday in the month of October to raise awareness on Breast Cancer.