Become a Lloyd Center for the Environment Member ~ or ~ Renew your Membership!
In 2017, Lloyd Center members helped provide:
- Experiential environmental education to over 13,000 students;
- Outreach programs ranging from owl prowls to canoe trips for over 2,500 individuals;
- Monitoring of threatened and endangered species throughout the state.
Member support helps provide the opportunity to experience nature, participate in hands-on activities, and learn about behaviors that impact the environment. We encourage you to renew your membership or join us for the first time as we continue the critical environmental work the Lloyd Center has become known for in our community and beyond.
In addition to providing discounts on the Center’s wide variety of educational and recreational programs, providing timely notices and information on activities for the whole family, and providing early notice of special events (such as our annual Clambake), membership contributions help the Center to continue offering admission to its exhibits and trails at no charge to the public, thus assuring that all will have the opportunity to enjoy and appreciate the wonders of our coastal environment.
Membership Descriptions and Benefits
- $30 – Individual - 20% discount on all program fees and Nature Shop purchases for one named adult.
- $50 – Family - 20% discount on all program fees and Nature Shop purchases for two named adults residing in the same household and their children or grandchildren under the age of 18.
- $100 – Subscribing - All the benefits of a FAMILY membership, plus a free gift-membership (to give to a new member).
- $250 – Supporting - All the benefits of a SUBSCRIBING membership, plus a second free FAMILY gift-membership (to give to new members).
- $500 – Sustaining - All the benefits of a SUPPORTING membership, plus a third free FAMILY membership (to give to new members).
- $1,000 – Leading - All the benefits of a SUSTAINING membership, plus “Osprey Society” recognition in our Annual Report.
Click here to become a member or to renew your membership.
ABOUT LLOYD CENTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT:
The Lloyd Center for the Environment, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, founded in 1978 and situated with its headquarters and spectacular nature preserve overlooking the scenic Slocum River estuary, has achieved a well-earned reputation for excellence in environmental research and education. Through its innovative outreach programs, it has established itself as a highly regarded leader in the ongoing effort to raise awareness of the area’s fragile coastal resources and the importance of protecting them.
The Center’s 82-acre property offers over five miles of walking trails, the “Bridge to Discovery” dock on the Slocum River, vernal pools, oak-hickory forest, freshwater wetlands, salt marsh, estuary views, and is home to two injured raptors (a screech owl and red-shouldered hawk).
The Visitor Center is open from 10am to 4pm, Tuesdays through Saturdays, and on Sundays, June - September, free of charge. There, aquarium exhibits offer unique views of live freshwater and saltwater species of fish and other marine critters.
The Center is also home to a fascinating collection of live local reptiles, amphibian and fish species. At the always popular touch-tank, youngsters learn the hands-on joy of socializing with gentle spider crabs, elusive minnows, sea stars (starfish), whelks, hermit crabs, periwinkles and mussels.
The top-floor Osprey Room Observatory, with its magnificent views of the Elizabeth Islands and Buzzards Bay, has been designated by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs as one of the Commonwealth’s top-fifteen “Special Places”. Through telescopes there, one can get a close-up view of formerly endangered Ospreys, and their chicks, nesting on platforms erected by members of the Center’s research staff.
Trails are open from dawn to dusk, seven days a week. The Lloyd Center for the Environment is located at 430 Potomska Road, Dartmouth, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.lloydcenter.org or call 508-990-0505.